29 September 2008

pegasus (phoenix)

Somewhere
Between gallop and flight
I meander
Through the worlds
Carrying on my back
A saddlebag of messages
About civilisations lost
About futures yet untold


That wretch of a woman
Got me all off track
Addicted to her royalty
Weaned off her loyalty
How love could kill
Is a mystery still
Needed my manhood back

Somewhere
Between earth and sky
There lies no lie
About the nature
Of a divine disguise
Even without my horn
I’m still a unicorn
To the gods no real surmise


None of them
Quite did the trick
No sacrilege
Of Shiva’s stick
Nor any great revelations
A flock of gorgeous angels
But none sharp enough
To see behind the veil
And illuminate my stuff
Their loving and their lore
All rather contemptuous
When inside I knew the truth
That none could replace
The Goddess on whom
I had hung up my youth
Left me stripped of honour
As I bound myself in vows
To scrape off all the layers
Until I would deduce
The what’s and how’s
Of it all again

Somewhere
Between desert and death
I found a brief oasis
For body and soul to rest
Its warmth a lure
Its love a cure
But mirrored in the water
My image loudly spoke
I would soon forget too much
Of my purpose and my path
If none but peace it’d evoke
With solace, with serenity
And a grave, half-mended heart
I blessed this sacred space
And set off so as to trace
The origins of my place
In immortality


Heeding the sweet songs
Of the Siren enticed me
Onto the enlightened road
Led me across many oceans
Made for a humble abode
Where I longed to lie
Forever and a day
Losing myself in the artistry
Of love atop a stack of hay
She may
She may
She may have
But chose there not to stay
And so with karmic affluence
I left without delay

Somewhere
Between being lost and found
I spoke of love
And life and lust
Stories abound
All souls left touched
All minds enlightened
All off, merrily on their way
Leaving me the only one to stay
Whilst shining with my brilliance
Secretly confused and frightened
Partly revivified
Partly in decay


One day I lost it all
Or perhaps let it all go
And on that day
I got to say:
As above, so below

For flying with wide open
Wings on the wild winds
Between the worlds, at last
The message was clear
I did not carry
The words of many
I did not need
To obey, to heed
I did not want
To gallivant
Any further
Any more
No mythic lore
No fantasy
The only message
Of love
Was me

I, Pegasus
I am Love
I am the Light
Of the world
And any further stories
In future will be told
From this place of Truth

Though I will not hide
Beneath false pride
And while I can
I will tell it
As a man

No comments:

Post a Comment