29 September 2008

pegasus (pegasus)

i want nothing more
than to see you fly
i offer my back
if that is what it takes

to see your eyes tremble
and the walls behind them
fall away
something tumbles
and the portals open
and the well of passion
spills over
spices and honey
until you are covered
shimmering
aching to combust
and give birth
to a tempest of beauty
that shakes the earth

i provoke and incense
most of all for you
for i long to see you unchained
and i soar to see you free
but i have also come to see
my insatiable taste
for the fragrant rosewater
that splashes onto my lips
when the swollen cloud bursts

and now like a vampire
stricken with remorse
desperate to distinguish
between appetites and prayers
i search for my face
in my calling

for i have been narcissus
content to gaze at my reflection
in the exquisite nectars
i have collected
in my jar
a stumbling foreigner
to the meaning in my heartbeat

i must be mindful
of my gluttony
for my dulcet vocabulary
and its effects

and so i tear out my tongue
so that i might hear you
hold my breath
refrain from my characteristic bluster
and let stillness come
to my innermost pool

No comments:

Post a Comment